Liebster Questions




Thanks to Olivia from Meanwhile in Rivendell for nominating me for a Liebster award! Been a while since I did a tag, and I had a lot of fun answering the questions :D





1.) Tell us four names (if you don't know the answer to any, just tell the ones you do know): one that your parents would have given you if you were the opposite gender, one they considered once they knew your gender, one you would choose if you got to choose your own name, and one you would NOT like to have.

If I'd been a boy I was going to be Gerard. Ged for short (feel free to judge my parents.) My favourite girls' names at the mo are Aurelia and Eilis. Least favourite...maybe Doris?


2.) If you were to adapt one of your favourite stories, what story would it be and how would you tell it? (movie, musical, webseries, play, book, etc?)


I have a list of these ten miles long. But I'd like to do My Lady of Cleeves as a mini-series and North and South as a musical - with a clog dancing scene in the mill. Noughts and Crosses (Malorie Blackman) used to be on the list, but the BBC are finally doing it!!!





3.) Tell us four of your favourite words.


Delicious, Lolloping, Calligraphy, Quadruplets.



4.) What is a life lesson you have learned in the past year?


That I'm secretly a morning person.



5.) Who is your favourite secondary character in a book you've read recently?


Charlie Weasley - he deserves more page time. 



6.) What are five of the books on your TBR list right now?


The Girl on the Train, the new Mediator by Meg Cabot and Five Children on the Western Front. I want to finish the fourth Game of Thrones at some point and since my baby sister is leaving us soon for university in Bath, I'm feeling a re-read of  Persuasion...





7.) Tell us one talent/skill you have, and one you'd like to develop.

I can play the piano a bit but I'd like to get better.



8.) What's the best joke you've heard recently? (Awful puns are highly acceptable!)


How do you get Pikachu on a bus? Poke 'im on.



9.) Share a quote from the book you're currently reading.


"I do not think my secret is trivial. It is easily guessed as Angier has apparently done, in spite of what I have written. Others have probably guessed too. Anyone who reads this narrative will probably work it out for themselves. What cannot be guessed is the effect the secret has had on my life."

(From The Prestige by Christopher Priest)


10.) What song is stuck in your head right now? (Or just share one that's been bouncing around recently if you don't have one right now.)


Where you lead, by Carol King. AKA the Gilmore Girls theme tune.






11.) What do you want your life to be like when you're a little old lady?  


I'd like to go on cruises and have a little group of friends to go the bingo with.

I tag anyone who wants to take the questions on - I hope it's not too lazy not to tag people properly, but it will feel too much like procrastination from the huge amount of uni work I have to do in the next few weeks! However, here's some quick questions if you want to give the tag a go:

1 - Favourite Zoo animal?
2 - Favourite season?
3 - Favourite drink?
4 - Favourite Fictional couple?
5 - Favourite song from a musical?
6 - Favourite TV theme song?
7 - First film you saw at the cinema?
8 - First film/book that ever made you cry?
9 - Earliest childhood memory?
10-Favourite quote?
11- First TV/film crush?





Comments

  1. Awesome answers!

    "North and South as a musical…with a clog dancing scene in the mill." BAHAHAHAH YES AMEN. (That'd actually be quite good…I can imagine all the dramatic solos and it'd be REALLY cool, actually…)

    I love the song "Where You Lead"! It makes me happy :)

    Good luck with all the uni work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and haha, I just want someone to make it already :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts