WWW Wednesdays: What I'm Reading and Watching :D





The Three W's are: 

What did you recently finish reading? 
What are you currently reading?
 What do you think you'll read next?


 To join in with WWW Wednesday, just answer the below questions and leave the link to your post in the comments over at Taking on a World of WordsThis week I thought I'd do films/TV series I've been watching as well as books. Mix things up a bit!





What I've read recently: 

The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
(see review here) A detective novel that argues for Richard III's innocence - I finished it in an afternoon. Team York all the way now!

What I'm Currently reading: 

My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
A great read for summer, makes me want to go to Greece sooo bad. The bits with the family are hilarious but there's not enough of them. Although the TV series didn't follow the book very closely, I think they got the family spot on - except maybe the mum. In the book she mostly gardens and cooks.

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George R.R. Martin
Just started this one. (My Family and other animals is good, but it's more like anecdotes than a complete story so you can dip in and out.) This is a book of three novellas by George R.R.Martin (clearly procrastination. And he wonders why his main series is coming on so slowly,) set around a hundred years before A Game of Thrones. It tells the story of Dunk (a hedge knight) and Egg (his squire - who I'm guessing is more than he seems...) It's fun so far, and the illustrations are gorgeous.




What I want to read next:

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

I want to read it before I go and see the film.  Weepies aren't usually my thing but I like Emilia Clarke, who's starring, and the film looks cute.  Just waiting for my auntie to finish now so she can lend me her copy!




What I watched recently:

Love & Friendship (see review here)
Based on a little known Jane Austen novella, Lady Susan, this was really great. But literally it's showing hardly anywhere - only the arty cinema (The FACT) on the whole of Merseyside was showing it. Do they think we're not cultured enough or something?

What I'm currently watching:

Game of Thrones (Season 6)
Obviously. Can't believe we're six episodes in already!

Peaky Blinders (see review)
Gangsters in 1920's Birmingham. Soo good. Wasn't expecting to like series three much, but it's been great. And Tom Hardy's back in it this week!

Made in Chelsea
A scripted reality show about London's super posh twenty-somethings (except they're not that posh are they really? It's not like they have titles or anything.) If one programme could make you a man hater it's this one. As my mum put it "everyone on it is damaged and the boys are all so cock-sure and revolting." About sums it up. But I love the drama.

The Great British Sewing Bee
Like Bake-off but for sew-ers. I love how the contestants all help each other out, and it really makes me want to try making my own clothes.




Reign (see review)
An historical teen drama about the life of Mary Queen of Scots. Ridiculous, but so much fun. And she's finally going back to Scotland. Finally!!!


What I want to watch next:

Me Before You
Hopefully I'll get the book read soon, so I can go see it!

Sing Street
A film about school-kids getting a band together in Dublin. I loved The Commitments (similar subject matter...) and Begin Again (same director, also about a band) so this is right up my street. No pun intended.





What have you been reading and watching?





Comments

  1. I've tried sooooo many times to read The Daughter of Time because everyone says it's THE Richard III book and I'm fascinated by the Wars of the Roses. But I found it so, so hard to get through and kept abandoning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was going to hate it at the beginning, all the stuff with just him and the nurses is so boring, but once he starts properly on the mystery it does get better!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking of seeing 'Me Before You' because Matthew Lewis is in it but I'm not sure its a subject I would enjoy, I'm not much for tearjerkers either. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh forgot Matthew Lewis was in it! Definitely going to see it now :D Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No prince for Moana? Favourite Romantic Disney Moments

The King and I: Live action (1956) vs Cartoon (1999)

What I'm Watching: Romeo and Juliet Live!