Teaser Tuesday: Jeremy Poldark





'Teaser Tuesday' is a weekly meme at booksandabeat.com. This week I've managed to distract myself from uni work, as well as War and Peace (we had a brief interlude of  'peace' - a.k.a the interesting bits -  but we're back to 'war' now) by making the rash decision to pick up Jeremy Poldark for a re-read. The Poldark books have their flaws, but it's the only series where I can remember picking up the next book and beginning it, as soon as I've put the last one down. First time round, I did this with Jeremy (book 3) right through to Stranger from the Sea (book 8) so you can see that I'm in trouble.






Thought I'd do two teasers this time, just because:

"I have to confess a liking for a man who knows his own mind."
Dwight's heart began to thump."A man may know his own mind - and at the same time his own place."
Her eyes did not flicker. "That's a complaint I shouldn't have thought you ever suffered from."

- Poor Dwight talking to Caroline, always with the women troubles...


"The trouble with Demelza," Ross said, brushing himself, "is that she adopts strange animals and then doesn't sufficiently tame them. We had Sir Hugh Bodrugan over the other day."
Dwight laughed. "Sir Hugh has never shown any especial ambition to lick my face."
"Not yours, perhaps." said Ross.

- Ross, not appreciating all the attention Demelza attracts.

The next season of the BBC series is due out this year and should pick up where Jeremy begins. There's going to be ten episodes - so I'm guessing they'll stray into Warleggan too? - and Gabriella Wilde (Constance in The Three Musketeers film) has been cast Caroline Penvenen. She's blonde - but I guess that makes sense, since we've already got a red-headed Demelza (brunette in the books) and a brunette Elizabeth (blonde in the books). At least they've kept to one of each!





Have you read Jeremy or do you have a Tuesday Teaser this week? Let me know in the comments!






Comments

  1. I read the whole Poledark series on long, hot summer longer ago than I care to recall and loved it. Have you seen the recent TV series? It's very good... This is my TT this week - a sci fi author with an amazingly sensuous style... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/03/22/teaser-tuesday-22nd-march-2016/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did watch the new series, thought they did it really well! Want to watch the old one at some point, too :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read or watched this one. Sounds interesting, though. My teaser this week comes from A Lady in the Smoke by Karen Odden. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good if you like historical fiction/tv :) Thanks and I'll have a look!

      Delete
  3. LOL You had me at those teasers! Sounds delightful and fun.

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks they are good fun :)

      Delete
  4. I have never read Jeremy, but I like the teasers. This sounds like a fun read. I may have to check out the BBC series too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new series is definitely worth watching - or I enjoyed it anyway!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No prince for Moana? Favourite Romantic Disney Moments

The King and I: Live action (1956) vs Cartoon (1999)

What I'm Watching: Romeo and Juliet Live!